Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Where to begin...whoa, this has been a wonderful programme. I've learned so much and it's been great discussing various things along the way with other library staff. I have even had discussions with other UCOL staff who started 23 things after HR session. It's a crack-up when you find yourself discussing blogs, widgets, skype, del.icio.us, library thing and the rest with other staff outside of the Library.


What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? Oh, there was so much I discovered along the way I'm hesitant to pick favorites but here is a few thoughts - Firstly - simply creating this blog! Some of the (girly) bits associated with it - choosing the picture to use to represent myself, the look, the colour the background BUT I must admit I did find it a tad daunting making it "public"! Having got over the initial trepidation I have enjoyed reading other participants blogs and got a buzz when people read mine! I enjoyed playing with some of the "toys" and gadgets such as generating magazine covers. Skyping & IM is pretty cool! So clever & so easy!
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
The program has boosted my lifelong learning goals - oh, we all know we need to keep current and aware but this program helped us get in amongst it! Already the library has or is implementing Web 2.0 initiatives so it is extremely important for us all to have the opportunity to know how & why these things are being done. My own lifelong goals have been affected for the good and I am planning on extending my knowledge in this area with participation in the Moodle@ UCOL project and working with lecturers to see how Web 2.0 can be incorporated in to teaching & learning.


Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
As I have stated throughout the programme - I have been stunned and amazed at the myriad of "stuff" out there. I know 23 things touches on a small amount of the greater collection of Web2.0. What amazes me most is the capability of Joe or Josephine Bloggs (excuse the pun) to devise this things! They must have wonderful imaginations!
What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Umm.. can't say there is anything too much to alter - the only thing I found was the time. Maybe I'm just slow but the 9 week time frame is very tight! Some weeks took a lot of time to work on the discovery exercises.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?

YES PLEASE! Hand up high in the air!


I would like to thank Donna for all her work and patience and Doreen & the UCOL Library for providing the opportunity and encouragement to allow staff to discover the wonders of 23 things! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Well done Sharon ... you must be pleased to have it all finished. I loved the Hamish & Andy Benalla video. I wonder what we can do next?? :-)